Diario actualizado de economía y finanzas - International Journal of Economics & Finance 4 de diciembre de 2023
· Artemis has hired Liam O’Donnell to join its fixed income team with responsibility for Rates and Macro as of 1st of November
He is based in Edinburgh and will work alongside Head of Fixed Income Stephen Snowden, and the other members of the fixed income team that are based in Edinburgh and London. He joins from abrdn, where he has worked across a range of funds since 2013. He was made Head of UK Rates in 2018 and has been Head of Nominal Rates since 2019.
· Amid market volatility in 2023, family offices are shifting their focus toward wealth management and investment management and remain optimistic as they expect portfolio gains in the coming year
NEW YORK -- Citi Private Bank’s Global Family Office Group today released the results of its 2023 Family Office Survey, offering a rare glimpse into the thinking and actions of some of the world’s most sophisticated investors, its family office clients. In a year of market volatility and ongoing geopolitical challenges, the report outlines key challenges and areas of opportunities in the year ahead. The survey, which is distributed each year to all of Citi’s family office clients globally, has seen a sharp rise in the number of respondents this year, with participation more than doubling from the previous year, indicating the desire amongst family offices to compare best practices and understand the positioning of peers on a confidential basis.
· Por Analyst at XS.com
During the past weekend over the last two days, Bitcoin traders were surprised by a significant downward movement that brought the price of Bitcoin to levels around $24,000. Historically, it's unusual for Bitcoin or cryptocurrency currencies to experience price fluctuations of around 10% within just two or three days. The recent drop of 11.4% from $29,340 to $24,980 between August 15th and August 20th caught many off-guard and led to the largest liquidation in the cryptocurrency market since the FTX crash in November 2022. So, was this violent drop significant in terms of reshaping the cryptocurrency market?
· Today's market analysis on behalf of Samer Hasn Market Analyst and part of the Research Team at XS.com
Gold prices continue to decline in the second session this week, reaching the level of $1904 an ounce, at around 9:00 GMT today. This continuous pressure on gold comes with the strength of the US dollar and the rise in US Treasury yields. The US dollar is gaining more strength this week as well, as it is a safe-haven currency. This is especially after the influx of more negative data from the Chinese economy at dawn today, which comes after a previous series of disappointing data, which in turn comes within a turmoil in the Chinese real estate sector and a growth slowdown.
|Xi Zhanyu competing in the 2023 Changchun Marathon. (Xinhua/Zheng Zhi)|
· An elderly runner from northeast China fulfilled his late wife's wish to keep running
BEIJING (Xinhua) -- Slim, wearing a worn-out cotton jacket under the sizzling sun, an elderly runner caught everyone's attention at a marathon held in May in Changchun, northeast China's Jilin Province. Xi Zhanyu, who is approaching 70, has kept the old jacket with him through thick and thin for seven years. "This was my wife's jacket when she was alive, and I want to run with her," Xi explained. After his wife Xia Shuyun passed away in 2016, Xi wore the jacket every time he ran a marathon. Sports form a link between Xi and Xia. The sports-loving man financed the first local games in his small village in 1988. In a video of the opening ceremony of that games, Xia spoke but failed to finish a sentence, then she shyly hid behind Xi, and the then-32-year-old Xi smiled and took over the microphone, announcing the games open.
· The Artemis Funds (Lux) - US Extended Alpha fund will be classified as an Article 8 product under SFDR from the 30th of June 2023, after formally proposing amendments to its investment prospectus
From the effective date of the amendments, the fund will promote environmental characteristics within the meaning of Article 8 of SFDR. The investment process will now include binding ESG characteristics (such as exclusions and a minimum percentage of sustainable investments). The fund implements a ‘130/30’ strategy, meaning that it can take short positions in order to generate incremental alpha from the portfolio and improve the risk profile of the fund. The overall objective is to generate strong risk-adjusted returns for investors over the long run.
TAIPEI, TAIWAN - Media OutReach
.- Launched April 19, the 2023 Taiwan Presidential Hackathon International Track is themed Free the Future: Open, Digital, and Green. This event emphasizes democracy, digital transformation, and net-zero goals, inviting elite hackers to collaboratively address global social issues, enhance the quality of life and spark innovation in governance.
· Artemis has announced the appointment of Toby Gibb to the newly created role of Head of Investment Solutions
|Toby Gibb, Head of Investment Solutions of ARTEMIS. |
He will work closely with Artemis’ Chief Investment Officer, Paras Anand, and Head of Distribution, Greg Jones, to support the group’s product and strategic development. He joins in June from Fidelity International where he most recently held the role of Global Head of Investment Directing. Gibb managed the teams of global investment directors that work closely with Fidelity International’s equity, fixed income, and multi-asset portfolio managers.
THE DEMAND FOR POSTGRADUATE DEGREES IN FLEXIBLE ONLINE TRAINING GROWS
· Digital Technologies are rapidly becoming the prevalent means to transmit knowledge to people of all ages after the pandemic
The transition to the “digital era of education” produced many changes in the industry and many benefits for professors, students, and parents who are looking to make a smart investment by accessing programs that provide the best education solution according to their needs. Online education has experienced a rapid growth with the global edtech investments reaching $18.66 billion in 2019, and the overall market for online education projected to reach $350 Billion by 2025. In this global scenario there are many institutions investing in online pedagogy innovation and many cases where online education is outperforming traditional education, in terms of quality of instruction and interactions and students’ achievement.
· Digital Technologies are rapidly becoming the prevalent means to transmit knowledge to people of all ages after the pandemic
The transition to the “digital era of education” produced many changes in the industry and many benefits for professors, students, and parents who are looking to make a smart investment by accessing programs that provide the best education solution according to their needs. Online education has experienced a rapid growth with the global edtech investments reaching $18.66 billion in 2019, and the overall market for online education projected to reach $350 Billion by 2025.
· Artemis has continued the strengthening of its investment capabilities with the appointment of Sacha El Khoury to the newly created position of Head of Impact Equities
She will also lead the existing team of four managers running the active global impact equity portfolios Positive Future. The group is seeing a growing demand from clients ranging from institutional investors to intermediaries for impact equity strategies and El Khoury will be helping to develop some of these solutions alongside existing fund management teams.
· Where does the real value lie in 2023?
Could the new trading platform Orbeon Protocol (ORBN), currently in Phase 3 of its presale, really deliver 6000% returns as analysts have predicted? Or are established players like Shiba Inu (SHIB) and Ethereum (ETH) set to surge in the new year, offering a similar or even better profit? Read on for detailed analysis and predictions.
· By Jack Holmes, Artemis’ fixed income manager
|Jack Holmes, Artemis’ fixed income manager.|
2022 was a tough year for the high yield market as the stickiness of inflationary pressures became apparent and central banks rushed to tighten monetary conditions. European high yield had the additional pressure of an energy crisis and worries around gas shortages over the winter period.
|Simon Edelsten, Artemis’ global equities manager.|
· World economies continue to face multiple challenges
Artemis’ global equities manager, Simon Edelsten, thinks the US will improve fastest, with Europe and the UK lagging – and maybe some good news from Asia.
- Inflation may continue to rise
- Stockmarkets will remain volatile – but offer opportunities
- Markets need stable interest rates – so the US looks more appealing
- Markets are underestimating the fall in profit margins
- The US recession should be mild
- European manufacturers will struggle with higher energy costs
- Asia could be the surprise for 2023
|The 20th Central Committee of the Communist Party of China (CPC) holds its first plenary session at the Great Hall of the People in Beijing, capital of China, Oct. 23, 2022. (Xinhua/Li Tao)|
· The following is the full text of the communique of the first plenary session of the 20th Central Committee of the Communist Party of China
Communique of the First Plenary Session of the 20th Central Committee of the Communist Party of China. (Adopted at the First Plenary Session of the 20th Central Committee of the Communist Party of China on October 23, 2022). The first plenary session of the 20th Central Committee of the Communist Party of China (CPC) was held in Beijing on October 23, 2022.
· Chinese modernization, a key term defining China's journey to rejuvenation, has for the first time been written into a report to the national congress of the Communist Party of China (CPC), the world's largest Marxist governing party
In his Sunday report to the 20th CPC National Congress, Xi Jinping, general secretary of the CPC Central Committee, underscored the "central task" of the Party, calling for efforts to advance the rejuvenation of the Chinese nation on all fronts "through a Chinese path to modernization." The Chinese have never been so close to, confident in, and capable of achieving the goal of rejuvenating the Chinese nation, according to the report, which laid out main objectives and tasks for the next five years and beyond.
· By Julio Rios
Will the controversial Vilnius-Beijing-Taipei triangle become a square that includes Brussels? It is known that recently Lithuania has promoted unusual diplomatic actions that have significantly affected the normality of its relations with the People's Republic of China. It is also known that Taiwan is a sensitive matter that must be handled with special care and within the framework of the recognition of the principle of one China - a keystone that precedes the establishment of normalized diplomatic relations. That Vilnius has promoted a different approach in its relationship with Taipei, ignoring Beijing's requirements is not only a problem in its relations with China, Lithuania's viewpoint also takes it away from the majority position in the European Union. Lithuania has done this unilaterally, without consulting its allies, but warned of the consequences of its actions, Vilnius has received the solidarity of the EU countries and the community institutions.
· Carrat is launching its safety bracelet collection that contacts your loved ones in case of danger
To make this idea come true, CARRAT will launch a collection of bracelets on Kickstarter on the 30th of August 2022– click here to pre-order a bracelet. Born from the accumulation of many negative experiences around personal safety in our everyday life. CARRAT wanted to create a bracelet that allows everybody to feel safe and protected in case of danger.
· By Oliver Reynolds, Economist
In our latest insight piece, we examine the likely impact of Russia’s decision to suspend gas supplies via the Nord Stream 1 pipeline. In early September, Russia announced that it would keep the Nord Stream 1 gas pipeline to the EU closed until sanctions are lifted. As the lifting of sanctions appears off the table, this implies that the EU will be without a large chunk of Russian gas supply this winter. The impact on the EU economy will be twofold. First, Russia’s decision will keep gas prices high in the coming months—prices are currently around four times higher than a year ago—and likely weigh on the euro, dampening households’ purchasing power and consumption. Second, the move raises the risk of energy rationing this winter, which could have a significant impact on industrial output.
· The Swedish electric car maker Polestar will provide battery and charging systems for Candela’s highly efficient flying boats
The battery deal will enable Candela to scale up production swiftly, bringing mass-market electric boats one step closer to reality. In a watershed moment for electrification at sea, the two Swedish companies Polestar and Candela have ventured into an agreement where Polestar will supply the battery and charging systems for Candela’s revolutionary hydrofoiling speedboats. The deal lets Candela tap into state-of-the art automotive battery technology and scale up production of its best-selling electric boats.
CRYPTOCURRENCY HAS BEEN BEARISH
· The on-chain activity of Ethereum (ETH), the second-largest crypto by value, is declining
TradingPlatforms.com established that new addresses on Ethereum Network recorded a 62.98% decline since the beginning of the year. In January, the number of new addresses on the Ethereum Network was 3.08 million. Comparatively, the number of new addresses on Ethereum by August 16 stood at 1.14 million.
· "NFTs are becoming increasingly popular as people look for alternatives to traditional asset classes," explained CryptoMonday CEO Jonathan Merry. He added, "They offer investors a way to diversify their portfolios and a new way to interact with content and experiences online."
According to a CryptoMonday analysis, the popularity of NFTs is surging, and many believe that they will play a significant role in the future of the digital economy. The site has concluded that 60% of digital consumers expect to buy, transfer or sell NFTs in the next three years. It drew its conclusions by studying data from a Digimentality 2022 survey targeting 3,000 respondents.
EXPANDING TO POLAND
|Grzegorz Korzeniowski, Country Manager in Poland.|
· iLOQ, a provider of digital access management solutions, will continue to fulfill its growth strategy by expanding to Poland
Founded in Finland in 2003, iLOQ currently has sales offices in 9 countries throughout Europe, operations in Canada and a partner network around the world. Adding Poland to its portfolio continues to fulfill the Company’s growth strategy and allows iLOQ to introduce the benefits of its battery-free digital-locking and mobile-access-sharing technology to a new market.
· Ginkgo III recently reached final closing at €367.5 million with a €30 million commitment from the European Investment Fund and a very promising pipeline of projects
The European Investment Bank (EIB) has granted a €15 million loan under the Natural Capital Financing Facility (NCFF) for projects developed by the Ginkgo III Fund for green and blue infrastructure in brownfield regeneration projects. The loan will support both climate adaptation and biodiversity. Ginkgo III is the third fund developed by Edmond de Rothschild Private Equity in partnership with Ginkgo Advisor dedicated to sustainable brownfield remediation and redevelopment in Europe. The brownfield redevelopment of urban industrial sites is a process of remediation and redevelopment of contaminated land for mixed-use development projects such as affordable housing, other residential developments, and retail, office, leisure or cultural spaces.
· The subscription period in Prostatype Genomics AB’s (”Prostatype Genomics” or the “Company”) rights issue, in which the public was also given the opportunity to participate, ended on 20 July 2022
The rights issue was subscribed (including pre-subscription commitments) to a total of approximately 79.5 percent, meaning that a guarantee commitment of approximately 20.5 percent has been activated to reach a total subscription of 100 percent. Prostatype Genomics will thus be provided proceeds of approximately SEK 22.5 million before deduction of transaction related costs. Settlement notes are expected to be sent out today, 22 July 2022.
|From left: Tetsuya Yamamoto, Chief Operating Officer (COO) and Representative Director of Yanmar Holdings; Peter Aarsen, Chief Executive Officer of Yanmar’s Energy System Business Unit.|
· Leading global energy systems provider, Yanmar Energy System Co., Ltd., has announced the appointment of Peter Aarsen as Executive Officer of Yanmar Holdings in charge of Energy Systems Business
In his new role, Aarsen will oversee Yanmar’s global energy system business. Peter Aarsen served as President of Yanmar Europe B.V., Yanmar’s European headquarters, from 2014. “I am looking forward to taking on this new challenge in the energy domain,” said Aarsen. “The sector is changing and I’m excited to be a part of the new solutions and growth opportunities that this provides.”
THE LARGEST CRYPTOCURRENCY CRASHING
· The list of victims of the Bitcoin and cryptocurrency crash continues to grow daily
According to StockApps.com, the latest victim is Elon Musk's Tesla, which is expected to report a $440 million impairment on its Bitcoin stock. According to StockApps financial analyst Edith Reads, “Tesla isn't the only one feeling the pain from the Bitcoin crash. Several companies that have converted part of their treasury into Bitcoin are taking big hits to their bottom line. The list includes MicroStrategy, whose Bitcoin investment lost over a billion dollars. The company had 129,218 bitcoins on its balance sheet, purchased at a value of $3.97 billion. However, that value has melted down to $2.895 billion.”
The full story and statistics can be found here: Tesla Expected to Report $440M Impairment on its Bitcoin Stock
Great Game for Entertainment
· Because of technological advances, you no longer have to travel to a traditional casino to participate in your casino game of choice
Instead, you may play your preferred casino game online and no deposit free spins Australia 2022. You have access to and may participate in playing any of your favourite casino games, including slot machines. The fact that these games are played online does not make them challenging to play. The user interfaces of online casinos are designed so that even individuals with little to no prior experience with technology should have no trouble navigating them.
· The 2022 Summit of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) opened Wednesday in Madrid amid mounting criticisms of the military alliance's aggressive security policy
Sweden and Finland were invited to join the alliance.
· While your health is the most important thing to focus on after a car accident, there might come a time when your financial situation enters into the equation
Car accident-related costs can be expensive, and it might have crossed your mind that you’ll need to find a way to pay for them. Fortunately, car accident lawyers can fight for compensation from the responsible party to cover them. Often, they factor the following expenses into your demand letter.